Friday 18 February 2011

Wake me up before you go go....

Teenage chelsey , I look happy:)
Baby Chelsey:)
I wanted to do a post for my nanny today,as it would have been her birthday. But, I found myself wanted to feature my grandad too.
I hate a rough couple of years in sixthform and with two of my grandparents dieing within a year of each other most people would agree. My nan died when I was 17, the first grandparent I lost and it was a complete shock. She had food poisoning and one thing lead to another and she unfortunately ended up dieing. I walked round in a daze, forcing myself to carry on with my life for fear of falling into a self-perpetuating doom. Although it was in the summer, I had 6thform work to do and work experience to carry out.
Then in april 2010, just before my exams my grandad died( not her husband), my dad's dad. He had suffered a stroke when I was 14 and near enough fully recovered, but had another stroke a month after my nan died.
He would never recover fully and this throat was paralysed meaning he couldnt talk, eat or walk. It was absolutely heart breaking. My sister recently had a tooth out and her inability to talk was much like grandads.
I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.


When he died, it was almost expected. He was in pain and a brain hemmorage was his maker. It wasn't till this summer where everything had hit me. As I had been so busy I hadn't hit me and I found myself mourning two people.

I loved my grandparents alot and Im both saddened and happy they stayed so long in my life. Sad as im old enough to understand but happy I had them for so long. Many of my friends had lost grandparents many moons ago.

Grandad was 91 when he died, an amazing feet and was married to me nan 70 years. They had been together since my nan was 13 and I smile at their commitment and dedication to eact other.
My Nan died at 76 and was with my grandad for 52 years. Another amazing amount of time.

This post is not to depress you, in anyway shape or form. Its to show you to appreaciate life! See your grandparents, siblings and relations. Lifes far to short to hold grudges and be angry.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment